Antonio Conte is a candidate to replace Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho at the end of the season, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
Conte's two-year contract with the Italian national team is due to expire after Euro 2016 and the 46-year-old has so far resisted attempts to extend his spell in charge.
The Italian FA are said to want a decision by March, while the report claims that Conte has instructed his agents to be open to offers from foreign clubs.
Paris Saint-Germain, whose manager Laurent Blanc has reportedly been told he must reach the Champions League semi-finals to keep his job beyond the summer, have also been credited with an interest in the former Juventus coach.
Conte quit the Bianconeri in summer 2014, having secured his third straight Scudetto win and will lead the Azzurri to Euro 2016 as group winners providing they avoid defeat against Norway on Tuesday.
The former midfielder has reportedly been taking English lessons with a view to working in the Premier League one day, and has previously spent time at Tottenham's training ground.
Mourinho recently oversaw Chelsea's worst top flight start in 29 seasons but is set to be backed by owner Roman Abramovich in January, according to reports last week.
The Portuguese will reportedly be given funds to land a new centre-half in a bid to restore the Blues' fortunes, having won the Premier League at a canter last term.